Sunday, 16 September 2012

Wise sayings:

So this is a weird collection of sayings/paragraphs, which I found interesting.... thought I'd share:

SPURGEON:
"Psalm 130:1:
Out of the depths have I cried unto You, O Lord.

God's people have to go into the depths and God's people have to pray in the depths- and often pray their best in the depths! The rarest pearls lie deepest in the sea and the most precious prayers come out of the depths of affliction-"Out of the depths have I cried unto You, O Lord." Cannot many of you say the same? Looking back upon your past afflictions and trials, yet you can feel that you did pray in them. He that can pray in the depths will soon sing in the heights! If you can pray, you cannot be drowned by all the seas that roll over you. God who brought you into them will bring you out of them if you can pray."

UNKNOWN:
"But this you must remember
This one thing you must know
I cannot take your burden
Until you let it go."

OSWALD CHAMBERS:
"The purpose of prayer is to reveal the presence of God equally present all the time in ever condition."

ELIZABETH GEORGE:
"No decision made without prayer."

UNKNOWN:
"All prayer is transparent to God."

Blessings,
ChristianGirl3420

No comments:

Post a Comment